Improving Morale: Simple Steps to Make Work a Better Place
Have you stopped asking “How are things?” at work, for fear that people might actually tell you? It can be said “They don’t have to LIKE it, they just have to DO it.”, but employee morale plays a vital role in job performance. It has been proven that employees who are happy with the workplace are more effective, more productive, have lower absenteeism and less turnover. Collecting the best “We should do that!” ideas from emergency service organizations large and small, this program presents simple, low-cost to no-cost methods to help make work a better place for everyone.
-Question and Answer
Learning Objectives: Students will learn:
– Recognition that not all problems can be solved with a gift certificate.
– The benefit of positive employee engagement.
– The dangers, risks and costs of non-engaged and disengaged employees.
– Top drivers of employee attraction, retention and engagement.
– Simple, low-cost ideas to cultivate professional development.
– Simple, low-cost ideas to increase employee commitment and organizational buy-in.
– Simple, low-cost ideas to foster the workplace as a family-friendly environment.